All courses during this semester
- Dynamics of intra- and inter molecular photochemical reactions and photophysical processes (5 ECTS)
- Fundamentals of Monte Carlo simulations Applications of molecular simulations in physical chemistry (4 ECTS)
- Organic Chemistry (5 ECTS)
- Physical Chemistry Of Nanodispersed Systems And Polymer Solutions (5 ECTS)
- Polish course (3 ECTS)
- Structural studies of macromolecules: biocrystallography and diffractometry (5 ECTS)
- Summer School (3 ECTS)
Fundamentals of Monte Carlo simulations Applications of molecular simulations in physical chemistry
Molecular simulations are perhaps the best tool to explain the observed physico-chemical phenomena on the molecular level. The students learn the models of intermolecular interactions, next the bases of Monte Carlo and Molecular Dynamics simulation techniques. The computer simulations carried out during the laboratory classes show the variety of possible application of molecular simulations.
- M.P. Allen, D.J. Tildsley, Computer Simulation of Liquids, Clarendon Press, Oxford (1987).
- D. Frankel, B. Smit, Understanding Molecular Simulation – From Algorithms to Applications, Academic Press, Oxford (1996).
- D.W. Heerman, Computer Simulation Methods in Theoretical Physics, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg (1990).
Lecture: 15 h
Practical courses: 30 h