All courses during this semester
- French course (3 ECTS)
- Bibliography (2 ECTS)
- Synthesis of nanoparticles - industrial and medical applications (4 ECTS)
- Computerized simulation, applications to biosystems (3 ECTS)
- Fast processes induced by radiations in condensed matter (4 ECTS)
- Radiation induced reactivity in biological matter - prebiotic chemistry (4 ECTS)
- Medical and industrial applications of ionizing radiations (5 ECTS)
- Societal aspects of radiations : ethic, risks (2 ECTS)
- Complementary tools for professionalisation (3 ECTS)
Societal aspects of radiations : ethic, risks
Examination of accidents and impact on the population.
Legislation concerning the use of ionising radiation
Ethic and Risks
To understand how expertise regarding the control of radioactivity risks has been produced and challenged, by what kind of arguments, defended by which kind of actors and to what purposes.
To acquire a clear understanding of:
- various events, processes and ideas behind the exploitation of nuclear power plants;
- of the various risks and social consequences they imply;
- and of the way scientific expertise is mobilized to deal with those negative consequences and with what effects.
To acquire a reflexive view on your own practice as scientists embedded in your culture and society.
Lecture & tutorial: 23 h
- 1/3 : Discussion of expert reports related to the Chernobyl nuclear plant accident (individual work and collective discussion).
- 2/3: oral presentation of papers by groups of two students (1/3 content of the powerpoint document and 1/3: oral presentation)
50% Written exam:
- A document analysis.
- Two written questions.